Where can I find import statistics? Watch video
While importing contacts our system checks the list to make sure it does not contain any non-functioning or already blacklisted leads. The results of this process can be found in Statistics>>Import Statistics.
The Status informs you if the import has been approved, rejected, exceeded the plan limit or if it is waiting to be reviewed.
- in_review/to review– informs that import has not been reviewed yet
- completed – the import was reviewed and added to the account
- uploaded – you imported more contacts than your plan allows you to. You need to go to Contacts>>Import contacts and click the Go to upgrade button. There, choose whether you want to cancel the import, match it or upgrade the account.
- rejected – the import was rejected (for more information, see Why was my import rejected?).
The column Uploaded shows how many contacts have been submitted for review.
In the Invalid column, you can find the number of email addresses, which have been filtered out. Hover the mouse over this section to find out more details, below you can find explanations of the errors listed there:
A syntax error is a malformed email address.
For example: “john@aol”, “johnaol.com” or “@aol.com” instead of “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Also, special characters !#$%^&( )|\, an empty line or emails longer than 128 characters will be recognized as a syntax error.
Already in Queue: duplicates in the file, e-mail addresses which are already waiting to be confirmed or verified in another import.
Mismatched criteria: the number addresses we couldn’t import because they didn’t match the criteria for adding or updating contact information. This can occur when:
- you choose to “add only new” contacts, but your import list contains both new and existing contacts. In this case, the number refers to email addresses for existing contacts.
- you choose to “only update existing” contacts from an import list containing both new and existing contacts. The number refers to email addresses for new contacts.
- you choose to “add only new,” but your import list contains only existing contacts. In this case, they will all be marked as mismatched
- you choose to “only update existing,” but your import list contains only new contacts. They will all be marked as mismatched.
Invalid domains are address hosted with domains that do not exist.
Blacklists are addresses added to our blacklist or any blacklists in the account.
Addresses marked as policy failures are unsubscribed, so the contacts who have clicked the removal link.
Added to campaign
The column Added to campaign shows the number of contacts, which have been uploaded to the campaign or to the unconfirmed list (it depends on the opt-in settings).
Finally, the Updated section presents the number of contacts whose custom fields have been updated.
Note: The invalid addresses that you can see in Import Statistics are not addresses recognized as spam traps, user unknown bounces, etc. We do not disclose any information about the exact invalid addresses mentioned above.
If your import was rejected and you have questions regarding this, please contact our Privacy and Deliverability team: email@example.com.