How do I use Zapier with my GetResponse account?
When you connect your GetResponse account to Zapier you can create Zaps–automated workflows–between GetResponse and other applications you use. For example, you can have a Zap that sends a message to your Slack channel when you send out a newsletter.
There are a number of actions and triggers supported for GetResponse accounts that will help you create Zaps and automate tasks for you.
- New Campaign: triggers when a new campaign is created.
- New Contact: triggers when a new contact is added to any campaign.
- New Newsletter: triggers when a new newsletter is created.
- New Landing Page: triggers when a new landing page is created.
- New Autoresponder: triggers when a new autoresponder is created.
- Remove Contact: remove a contact from a list of your choosing.
- Create Contact: create or add a new contact to a list of your choosing. If you want to configure custom fields for your new contacts, or add them to an autoresponder cycle, click Show advanced options when you get to the Set up GetResponse contact step. Note: For new contacts to be successfully added, the value of imported custom fields must match the value of the predefined GetResponse custom fields, including currency, country, gender, date, datetime, phone, and age.
- Find Campaign: search for an existing campaign.
- Find Contact: search for an existing contact.
How do I connect GetResponse to Zapier?
If you’re creating a Zap and you haven’t connected your GetResponse account to Zapier yet, you’ll need to do it as one of the steps.
Before you begin
You need your API key to connect your GetResponse account, so grab it before you start. Go to My Account>>Account Details>>API & OAuth, or take this shortcut. Then, copy the key. Use the Copy button to make sure the API key is properly copied to your clipboard.
Once you have the key, you can finish connecting your accounts. Here’s how to do it:
- In a separate tab or window, log into to your Zapier account and click Make a Zap!
- Choose GetResponse for your trigger app.
- Select a trigger and click Save + Continue.
- Click Connect a New Account. A popup modal will open.
- Paste the API key in the API key field and click Yes, continue.
Note: If you have an Enterprise account, you’ll also need to select your account type and enter your GetResponse Enterprise domain name.
When you click the button, the modal closes and you automatically return to the Zap. It now shows the GetResponse account that you’ve just connected. If you’d like, you can test the connection now.
To finish making your Zap, click Save + Continue.
Note: Zapier will test your GetResponse triggers before you continue with the Zap. It does so by fetching information from your GetResponse account. Depending on the trigger, it’ll be looking for contacts, campaigns, newsletters, autoresponders, or landing pages. Make sure they’re in your GetResponse account for the test to be successful.
Can I connect the GetResponse account before I make a Zap?
Yes, you can also add an account without creating a Zap. In your Zapier account, go to Dashboard>>Connected Accounts and select GetResponse from the app list. When prompted, enter the API key. Enterprise account holders also need to select the account type and enter the GetResponse Enterprise domain name. You can also test, reconnect, and disconnect your GetResponse account from there.