How do I integrate my campaigns with Salesforce
You can integrate with Salesforce when:
- Salesforce helps you manage your company’s interactions with customers, clients and prospects.
- You use Salesforce technology to organize, automate and synchronize those business processes.
You can send newsletters and targeted offers to your Salesforce contacts. You can also integrate them into your email marketing campaigns. This integration is an easy way to access more addresses and more data in your campaigns.
What you’ll need
- A valid Salesforce account.
- Email address you use to access Salesforce.
Connect GetResponse and Salesforce accounts
- Go to My Account > Integrations > Salesforce (or take this direct shortcut https://app.getresponse.com/integrations.html).
- Click Account authorization to start connecting to Salesforce.
- When prompted enter your access details to your Salesforce account and click Log in.
- Confirm your email by entering a verification code that Salesforce sends to your email.
- Allow GetResponse to access some of your Salesforce details. The confirmation screen lists all the required rights.
Click Allow, and your accounts are connected. You can now import data from Salesforce.
Import data from Salesforce to GetResponse
- Select which contacts you want to import to GetResponse.
Expand the Select Group and Select lead source to mark all sources you’re interested in. Note, you can select more than one entry in each group.
- Choose which Salesforce fields you’d like to add to your email marketing campaign. The email, first name and last name fields are required, so we select them by default.
When you’ve added all the fields you need, click Next Step.
- You can map the fields imported from Salesforce to your custom fields on the Configure your custom fields page. The required fields are already mapped to existing GetResponse custom fields.
For all Salesforce fields select an existing custom field. You can also create new custom fields to better match data coming from Salesforce.
When you’re done, click Next step.
- Choose the campaign to which you’d like to import your customers or prospects. You can also choose to add them to your follow-up message cycle.
Expand Advanced settings to define if:
- You only want to add new contacts.
- You only want to update existing contact information.
- Both – add new contacts and update the existing ones (this is the default setting).
- Click Save Settings & Import to start periodic contact imports.
When the import ends you return to the Integrations page, where the system shows you a summary of imported contacts.
We synchronize your contacts every seven days so you don’t have to worry about it. We do it all for you!
How do I extend Salesforce integration with more campaigns?
You can repeat the process to add contacts into other campaigns. Go to My account > Integrations > Salesforce and click Add new campaign. Proceed as described in the Import data from Salesforce to GetResponse section.
Note that the integration widget contains information about the last and upcoming import.
How do I stop contact imports from Salesforce?
You can stop importing contacts from a single campaign or disconnect from your Salesforce account.
Go to My account > Integrations > Salesforce and depending on your need do one of the following:
- To finish copying contacts to one of your campaigns, click Disconnect from the Actions
- To stop integration completely, click Disable whole integration.