How do I integrate my campaigns with FormSite?
You can integrate your GetResponse account with FormSite when you want to:
- Use FormSite to build online HTML forms and web surveys on an external service.
- Expand your subscriber database with your FormSite forms.
With this integration, you can add your existing and future FormSite contacts to your GetResponse campaigns. When you import contacts from the forms, you save the information as GetResponse custom fields. This allows you to start sending newsletters and targeted offers to your new contacts.
You can use the same form to feed contacts into different GetResponse campaigns.
What you’ll need:
- A valid FormSite Pro (1, 2 or 3) account.
Note: This integration isn’t available for FormSite Free and Deluxe plans.
- Your FormSite host address, username and API key (to find this information log in to your formsite.com account and click My Forms>>Settings>>Integrations>>API)
Connect GetResponse and FormSite accounts
- Log in to FormSite and go to My Forms>>Settings>>Integrations>>API.
Take note of the API key and the API base URL (the highlighted parts of the Integrations page). Don’t close this page, you’ll need it to copy login information to your GetResponse account.
- Log in to your GetResponse account.
- Go to My Account>>Integrations>>FormSite (or take this direct shortcut https://app.getresponse.com/integrations.html).
- Enter your FormSite host address, username and API key.
Once you enter this information, you can start importing your contacts to your GetResponse campaigns.
Import data from FormSite to GetResponse
- Select which form you want to use to send contacts to GetResponse. Expand the Lead Source to choose the form you’re interested in.
- Select which form fields you’d like to include in contact import (you’ll be able to match these fields to custom fields in the next step). Note: First name and Email address are always required. Make sure to add them to your list. When you’ve added all the fields you need, click Next Step.
3. You can map the fields imported from FormSite to your custom fields on the Configure your custom fields step. You can select an existing custom field for all FormSite fields. You can also create new custom fields to better match data coming from FormSite. Note: Make sure that you include Email and FirstName as custom fields for two of your choices.
4. Choose the campaign to which you’d like to import your customers or prospects. You can decide how often the imports happen. You can choose between 7, 3 and 1 days. You also have an option to add the contacts to your autoresponder message cycle.
Expand Advanced settings to define if:
- You want to add new contacts and update the existing ones (the default setting).
- You want to only update existing information (Update only).
If contacts with identical email addresses already exist in your campaign their information will be updated based on the data we receive from FormSite.
- You want to only add new contacts (Add new only).
In this case, existing contacts won’t be updated and you can focus only on adding new subscribers.
5. Click Save Settings & Import to start periodic contact imports.
The configuration widget on the Integrations page contains information about the last and upcoming import.
How do I extend FormSite integration to more campaigns?
You can repeat the process to add contacts into other campaigns. Go to My account>>Integrations>>FormSite and click Add new campaign. Proceed as described in the Import data from FormSite to GetResponse section.
How do I stop contact imports from FormSite?
You can stop importing contacts from a single campaign or disconnect from your FormSite account.
Go to My account>>Integrations>>FormSite and depending on your need do one of the following:
- To finish copying contacts to one of your campaigns, click Disconnect from the Actions menu for each campaign.
- To stop integration completely, click Disable whole integration.