How do I integrate my landing pages with Google Tag Manager?
What you’ll need
An active Google Tag Manager account
If you have a Google Tag Manager account, you can automatically enable a container on your GetResponse landing pages.
If you don’t have a Google Tag Manager account, simply create a new one.
How do I prepare the integration ID in Google?
If you already have a Google Tag Manager account, enter your container ID in the landing page settings. You can find your container ID by clicking Accounts in the top menu. You’ll see the list of your accounts. Copy the code from the Container ID column.
If you don’t have a Google Tag Manager account:
- Go to http://www.google.com/tagmanager to sign up. Follow the on-screen instructions during setup.
You can use your existing Google account. When you do, you’re instantly directed to the Google Tag Manager setup.
- Set up the account name and click Continue.
- Add a container name. You can, for example, use your landing page name to identify the account easily.
- Choose Web as the choice for Where to Use Container and click Create.
- Accept Google Tag Manager Terms of Service Agreement.
- You’ll see a Google Tag Manager container code with a container ID. Select the container ID and copy and paste it into the landing page settings.
- When you click OK, you will land on the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
You can now create your first tag. If you’re unsure where to start, see Tag Manager Help.
- Select your container ID and copy it. You’ll need the code in the following steps.
How do I include the tracking code on my landing page?
To add the Google Analytics tracking code to your landing page:
- Log into your GetResponse account and do one of the following:
- Create a new landing page.
- Edit the settings for an existing landing page.
- When you’re happy with your landing page layout, click Next step and proceed to My landing page settings.
- Scroll down and expand the Analytics & remarketing section.
- Select Google Tag Managerfrom the list and enter your Google Tag Manager ID using the format: GTM-12X34Y.
- Click Save if you edited an existing landing page or Publish if you created a new one.
You can now add predefined tags in Google Tag Manager. The tag manager works with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, AdRoll, LinkedIn, and many others.
Note that to benefit from the Tag Manager integration, you need to enable one or more tools. See a Google Analytics example, How to implement Google Analytics tag in Google Tag Manager.
What is Google Tag Manager and how does it help in landing page tracking?
We send addition event in dataLayer object for every subscription. Thanks to this, you can send the data to all platforms you’ve added in Google Tag Manager, for example Facebook, Google AdWords and many more.