How can I post Twitter and Facebook updates when I send a newsletter? Watch video
To be able to post your newsletter to Twitter feed and Facebook timelines, you need to integrate your GetResponse account and, respectively, Twitter and Facebook accounts. Then, you can enable the updates within Distribution setting of your newsletter. Note: You can integrate the accounts on the Integrations page. Or, you can do that directly within newsletter Distribution settings.
Please remember that the Facebook integration requires you to reauthorize it every 60 days. You can do that directly within newsletter Distribution settings. For more information, see How do I reauthorize the Facebook integration?
Here’s how to set up the updates:
- Log into your Facebook account (or Twitter, if you’d like to add your Twitter account).
- In a separate tab or window, log into your GetResponse account and go to Dashboard>>Messages>>Create Newsletter.
- Click Distribution settings and turn on the Facebook (or Twitter) integration. The next steps depend on whether your accounts are already connected. Go to Step 5 if you’ve already done the integration.
- To integrate the accounts first, click Add account.
- If you’re already logged into Facebook (or Twitter), the account will be added automatically.
- If you haven’t, a pop-up will appear asking you to log in (be sure to allow pop-ups in your browser). Once you enter the login information, the accounts will integrate.
- Select the Page or account and add the message you’d like to appear in the timeline alongside the link to your newsletter archive.
That’s it, you’ve just set up your Twitter or Facebook to update once you send your newsletter. Once you finish complete editing all the settings you can proceed to the next step in the newsletter creator and schedule or send the newsletter.
Next time you’d like to post an update, simply turn the Facebook or Twitter button on. When 60 days pass, we’ll ask you to reauthorize the Facebook integration.
How do I reauthorize the Facebook integration?
The easiest way to reauthorize the integration is directly within newsletter Distribution settings. When you toggle the switch to ON, select the account or accounts you’d like to reauthorize and click Refresh.
If you’re already logged into Facebook, the account will be automatically reauthorized. If you’re not, a pop-up will appear asking you to log in (be sure to allow pop-ups in your browser). Enter the login information to reauthorize the integrations.
That’s it! You can now finish setting up your newsletter.