Where do I find my webinar statistics?
Go to Webinars>>Manage and find the webinar you want to review. When you get there, you can:
- View unique visitor, registrant, and attendee statistics for each of your webinars. If you hold test sessions before your webinar, their unique statistics are summed up.
- Generate reports for all the webinars that have been organized using your account. They include a list of session-specific unique statistics.
To generate the report:
- Move the mouse over the webinar name and click the Actions
- From the drop-down list, choose Statistics-generate PDF to start the process.
The report contains:
- A meeting summary—meeting name, link, length, organizer.
- An attendee summary—device statistics, country information, the number of attendees, invitations, and connection history.
What’s “unique statistics”? How do you calculate them?
Unique statistics give you information about the number of distinct visitors, attendees, and participants. If a person enters and re-enters your webinar session, we record it as two visits from one attendee. In other words, we count each participant only once.
With unique statistics, you know the number of attendees you actually had. This information is more helpful than the number of times someone re-entered your webinar.
How do you track unique visits?
To track unique visitors, we count how many times your webinar URL was accessed from different computers in 30-minute intervals.
Unique registrants and attendees are tracked based on their email addresses.