How do I create and manage a suppression list?
To create a suppression list in your GetResponse account:
- In your Dashboard menu, go to Contacts>>Suppression Lists to open the Manage suppression lists page.
- Decide how you’d like to create the suppression list. You have two options. You can upload a file or type in the addresses:
- Click Import from a file and enter the list name. Then, select your file (CSV and TXT formats only) and click Save.
- Click Enter contacts in a box and type in the list name. Then, add a list of emails or domain names you’d like to mask (don’t forget to add @). To finish, click Save.
Note: You can mask specific email addresses or groups of addresses. For example,
- @domainnameexample.com masks all emails at this domain.
- unknownexample@ masks this username at this domain.
- firstname.lastname@example.org masks this particular user.
- After you’ve clicked Save a message appears. It confirms you’ve added the list successfully.
To edit or remove your suppression lists:
- Go to Contacts>>Suppression lists open the Manage suppression lists page.
- Click edit or remove next to your suppression list name.
- When you click edit, you can remove contacts from the list (click the link next to the contact).
You can also add new contacts. Simply select Import from a file or Enter contacts in a box and follow the same steps you take when you create asuppression list.