How can I unsubscribe contacts from a list or account?
You can use List hygiene to bulk-remove contacts or remove duplicates. On the List hygiene page, you can:
- unsubscribe contacts from your current lists,
- remove them from your account altogether.
Please note that removing contacts doesn’t prevent them from re-subscribing to your lists in the future. If you’d like to stop them from adding to your lists, you need to blacklist them. To find out more about when to use blacklisting and unsubscribing, please have a look at What is the difference between unsubscribing and blacklisting?
If you’d like to unsubscribe contacts from your list or lists:
- Go to Contacts>>List hygiene.
- Click Blacklist or remove contacts.
- Select Unsubscribe.
- Expand the drop-down list and select the lists you’d like to unsubscribe contacts from:
- Select all to remove the addresses from all the lists in your account. This action removes contacts from your account.
- Select a specific list or lists to remove contacts from.
5. Click Apply to confirm your selection.
6. In the available field, type in the email addresses. Enter one email address per line, hit Enter to go to the next line.
7. Select Unsubscribe.
Once you’ve successfully unsubscribed the contacts, you automatically return to the List hygiene page.
Where can I see the addresses I removed from my account?
You can see all removed contacts in the Removed list. You can export the list but we don’t recommend you add the contacts in bulk back to your lists. Some of the contacts on the Removed list may have unsubscribed, which means they have withdrawn their permission to be added to your account.