Can I track my sales with GetResponse? Watch video
GetResponse can provide you with a tracking code to use with your GetResponse account. The code can help you to identify contacts as customers, so you can set up various automation rules which will manage contacts after the purchase.
– Customers can be moved automatically to another campaign to thank them for buying or to introduce them to a similar product.
– Customers can be removed from the time-based autoresponder series, if no further marketing is necessary.
– Customers can be moved to a campaign that provides support information on the product purchased.
To get the code, choose Statistics in the dashboard menu and click Email Analytics.
1. Click Goals on the left side of the page. Create a profile by providing the name for it, the domain of the page you want to track and copy the code available at the bottom of that page.
The code has to be pasted to the HTML source of your page, be sure to put the code on your domain page and a page your contacts see after they have performed the action you want to track an example would be your Thank-you page after an online purchase is completed. Make sure you place the code just before </body> tag (the bottom of the web site code), other tracking systems (eg. Google Analytics) you are currently using on your page will interfere in detecting the tracking script from GetResponse, that is why make sure you have them removed. Click the Check code status to make sure the code has been detected and installed correctly.
If you can see an error indicating the tracking script has not been installed please check if your web site code. You need to make sure the code is exactly before closing </body> tag and the web site does not have any 3rd party tracking scripts installed. GetResponse does not provide support for placing the code on your page, if you are not familiar with coding please contact your web developer.
2. Create at least one goal in your profile by providing a name for it, enabling the status, choosing the URL address. As the URL use the Thank you page where you have placed the tracking script from the profile and choose the “exact” match type.
To make it work you need to send out HTML messages from GetResponse account because only for them we can track the open rate, which saves the cookie in your contacts’ browsers. The same cookie is able to detect the tracking script on your Thank you page and send this data to GetResponse account. The sales-tracking can be not accurate if your subscribers clear cookies from their browsers.
To set up automation rules, go to Your current campaign at the upper right of the web page, choose automation from the drop-down list, and select one of the upon sale rules.